Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Jancar Gallery February 2011


J A N C A R G A L L E R Y
961 CHUNG KING ROAD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
TEL 213 625-2522
Hours: Wednesday – Saturday 12 – 5 PM (and by appointment)
...www.jancargallery.com

JANCAR GALLERY is pleased to announce a very special group exhibition:

FEB. 5 - FEB 26, 2011
Opening reception for the artists: Saturday, Feb. 5, from 6 - 9 PM

NARRATIVES OF THE PERVERSE - II

February 05 - 26, 2011

Suzanne Lacy- Micol Hebron- Dawn Kasper- Annie Sprinkle- Elizabeth Stephens- Susan Mogul- Catherine Lord- Skip Arnold- Betty Tompkins- Ellie Kevorkian- Julie Lequin- Angela Ellsworth- Robert Cumming- Dani Tull- Robert Fontenot- Nancy Popp- Richard Newton- Hildegarde Duane- Hubert Schmalix- Marcus Civin- Elana Mann- Roger Herman- Alex Staiger- Pierre Picot- Doug Harvey- Judith Linhares- Charles Karubian- Carrie Yury- Leslie Kneisel- Martha Wilson- Derek Boshier- Annetta Kapon- Dorit Cypis- Cyril Kuhn- Katrin Jurati- Tad Beck- Christian Cummings- --------- Curated by Tom Jancar & Maya Lujan.


Wow what an amazing show this was. The next day I saw that someone commented on Tom Jancars facebook that he "had a lot of nerve". I so totally loved that and he sure did. This show is certainly a show to be proud of and yes I think that statement is a complement. I'm sure he is also proud of his artists that really really had a lot of effin nerve" along with talent and some strong historical voices.

Ellie Kevorkian's photos were hypnotic. I love her composition and the beautiful, sad, funny story they tell. I'd like to thank Ellie for introducing me to Susan Mogul. Wow what a powerhouse of a gal. Her piece was uh uh uh I'm speechless. I have to admit I couldn't watch the whole thing all at once. I'm still not sure I got through it all. In the words of Syndey C. "I guess I'm not so hard core". Micol Hebron was vigazelled to the max. I think she said that it was a video piece from 1995. Angela Ellsworth and Nancy Popp were in the house as well. Please visit the gallery for the entire show. I can't begin to do it justice.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.





View Site Stats




Digg!